RSC has been accredited to offer the new occupational certificate for financial advisers which is made up as follows:
- OC: Financial Adviser SAQA ID 105026 NQF Level 6, Credits 515, would take 4 years to complete and is essentially a full qualification in advice in a range of financial services. It can be completed in four shorter part qualifications which cover:
- OC Long term adviser NQF Level 5, 180 Credits – which will replace the generic NC Wealth Management we were running previously
- OC Employee Benefits, Pension and Group Benefits adviser NQF level 5, 110 credits which provides a new specialist program.
- OC Health Adviser NQF 5, 102 credits, which provides another new specialist program.
- OC Investment Adviser NQF 6, 213 credits, which provides another step in the learning pathway to become a financial services professional.
The existing NC Wealth Management SAQA ID 57608 at level 5 that RSC has been offering as our flagship program, has expired and is in the train out period and any existing learners must complete this old qualification by 7 December 2022.
We were supposed to stop enrolling learners on this qualification on 7 Dcember 2019 BUT as the new qualification was not registered and available providers were permitted by INSETA to accept new learners for this qualification during 2020 BUT as the new qualification is now available I would expect that from early next year new enrolments for the existing program will stop, and new enrolments will use the new OC Long term insurance program.
Existing learners who have already enrolled for the NC Wealth Management will be given until the 7 December 2022 to complete.
RSC will be running our first programs for the following part qualifications from the above OC Financial Adviser during 2021:
- 15 January 2021 – OC Long term adviser level 5, for new learners who need a level 5 qualification for FAIS requirements
- 15 January 2021 – OC Investment adviser level 6, for learners who have completed the level 5 Wealth Management and want to start improving their knowledge and skills take the next step towards becoming a CFP® which will eventually require them to complete RPL or a relevant level 7 qualification to gain entrance for the postgraduate program with UFS, Stellenbosch, Milpark or one of the other universities offering this level 8 program.
- 15 June 2021 – OC Employee Benefits and Pensions Adviser level 5 who want a specialist qualification in this area of financial services.
- 15 June 2021 – OC health Adviser level 5 who want a specialist qualification in this area of financial services.
RSC is also planning to gain accreditation for the following and to start running the following programs in late 2021 and 2022:
- 15 June 2022 OC Insurance Underwriters – Long term, Short term or Health
- 15 June 2022 OC Financial Markets Adviser level 7 for learners who complete the OC Investments and want to take next step in the learning pathway to gain access to CFP®
- July August 2021 OC Compliance officer level 6
If you are interested in more information on any of these programs please contatct us on
Visit our Website at:
Visit and LIKE our Facebook page at: