The new level 5 and 6 part qualifications that make up this new occupational certificate have now been registered on SAQA and they provide an exciting learning path for learners who want to progress from single need selling to providing financial services advice and growth into the professional areas of financial planning, portfolio management or compliance.
This qualification – Occupational Certificate: Financial Adviser SAQA ID 105026 will replace the current NC Wealth Management which was at level 5 but included level 6 unit standards and allowed specialisation in various sectors of financial advice and is made up of the following “part qualification”:
- Health Care Benefits Adviser Level 5 Credits 102 which provides a specialised Health and Medical qualification or award
- Long term Insurance Adviser Level 5 Credits 180 which relaces the generic financial advice variant of the above qualification. The old WM qualification was the main focus for RSC in the past and this new program will become our entry-level program for training financial advisers.
- Employee and Pension Benefits adviser Level 5 Credits 110 which provides specialised pensions and EB qualification or award.
- Investment Adviser Leve 6 with 213 credit requirements will provide the next step for existing learners of RSC who have completed the level 5 WM program and want to further their studies and grow their skills and knowledge base.
The financial professional can then study further in one of the following fields:
- Occupational Certificate: Compliance Officer SAQA ID 91671 Level 6 Credits 240
- Occupational Certificate: Financial Markets Practitioner SAQA ID 93603 Level 7 Credits 120
This provides a pathway to a Postgraduate in Financial Planning form one of the top Universities with a view to becoming a Financial Planning professional and completing the board exams with the FPI to achieve the prestigious CFP® designation.
RSC will be offering the new QCTO occupational qualifications from January 2020 and anyone interested should drop us a mail at email@example.com
Learners who are enrolled in the existing national qualification will have until 7 December 2022 to complete.
The existing qualification has a number of benefits so those who have started iy=t should certainly complete it and those who need to gain credits urgently can still use it to do so for the train out period.
Learners who want to enrol for the existing NC Wealth Management can enrol now and the last NEW enrolment for the existing qualification will be 7 December 2019 and the train out period to complete this qualification last until 7 December 2022.
If you are enrolled for a skills program in this qualification you will also be allowed to enrol for further modules to complete this qualification by December 2022.