RSC semesters or training cohorts
RSC offers 3 types of programs with differing required notional hours dependent on the learners existing levels of knowledge and skills due to prior experience. These are:
- Facilitated and self-study programs or comprehensive self-study program for new entrants – 12 to 18 months.
- Self Study for learners with a good level of existing knowledge and skills 2 to 5 years experience – 6 to 12 months to complete this program.
- Assessment program for learners who have a very high level of knowledge and skills due to prior learning and 5 years or more relevant experience – 3 to 6 months to complete this process.
learners entering one of the above programs will be given a planned completion date to be included in the next possible verification and final completion date for the program which is when this registration as a learner will end. After this date, the learner will have to re-enrol with RSC to complete the program. This will result in a further cost.
RSC is planning to verify results with INSETA 3 times a year due to the new structure of having to complete the qualification by enrolling in 3 skills programs which will result in the completion of the full qualification :
- March/ April
- November / December
We have to have completed the complete assessment, moderation, Audits of portfolios and upload onto the iNSETA system BEFORE we can apply for a verification date and this means we will have to set very tight deadlines for each of these verifications. Any portfolios, resubmissions or assessments received after these deadlines will be included in next planned verification.
- December 2018 verification deadline 15 October 2018
- March 2019 verification deadline 15 FEBRUARY 2019
- July 2019 Verification deadline – 15 JUNE 2019
- November/December 2018 Verification deadline – 15 October 2019