RSC semesters or training cohorts
RSC offers 3 types of programs with differing required notional hours dependent on the learners existing levels of knowledge and skills due to prior experience. These are:
- Facilitated and self-study programs or comprehensive self-study program for new entrants – 12 to 18 months.
- Self Study for learners with a good level of existing knowledge and skills 2 to 5 years experience – 6 to 12 months to complete this program.
- Assessment program for learners who have a very high level of knowledge and skills due to prior learning and 5 years or more relevant experience – 3 to 6 months to complete this process.
Learners entering one of the above programs will be given a planned completion date to be included in the next possible verification and final completion date for the program which is when this registration as a learner will end. After this date, the learner will have to re-enrol with RSC to complete the program. This will result in a further cost.
RSC is planning to verify results with INSETA 3 times a year due to the new structure of having to complete the qualification by enrolling in 3 skills programs which will result in the completion of the full qualification. These dates have been in a state of flux due to the implementation of the new rules for the exams and assessment and are subject to change:
- May/June 2019 subject to existing INSETA rules
- November / December subject to existing INSETA rules
- Learners enrolling in 2020 will be subject to new qualification rules and the verification dates will be aligned to IESA or FISA
- RSC will align our semesters and verifications to align with the new FISA ( Final Integrated Summative Assesment) dates
We have to have completed the complete assessment, moderation, Audits of portfolios and upload onto the iNSETA system BEFORE we can apply for a verification date and this means we will have to set very tight deadlines for each of these verifications. Any portfolios, resubmissions or assessments received after these deadlines will be included in next planned verification.
- June 2019 verification deadline 15 April 2019
- November/December 2018 Verification deadline – 15 October 2019
INSETA IESA – Integrated External Summative Assesment
The new qualifications through the QCTO will require an external examination which will probably be held 2 X per year. The existing INSETA qualification will also have to comply with this external examination in addition to the current formative and summative assessments being conducted. We will in future align our semesters or cohorts of training and completion dates to these external examinations.
This year we are not sure when the IESA will be applied and it may be applied to people being verified in the last verification or those early in 2020. We do know that learners who complete the qualifications within the dates for verification for the first two planned verifications will not need to apply the EISA, BUT those in the final verification may be part of the pilot for this external examination. This means that learners who complete the qualification by the August deadline for the second verification will not need to complete the EISA while the learners who complete after this date may need to write this extra external examination prior to being awarded the qualificaiton.