The first decision you need to make is which of the following to you want to investigate:
Qualification for FAIS Credits
Do you have existing credits towards a qualification or do you need to complete a full qualificaiton for one of the following reasons:
- Your are a representative or Financial Services Provider and you need to complete this qualification as it is a requirements for you to comply with the education requirements of the FAIS “Fit and Proper”. You are usually given 5 years from the date you are registered with the FSB to complete this educational requirement.
- You are new to the industry and do not need to meet the fit and proper requirements at this stage but you would like to make a start on a meaningful education to become a more proficient and qualified professional.
Skills Program Credit Bearing and CPD( Continuing Professional Development)
You may have a qualificaiton which may make you “fit and proper” at this stage but you would like to specialise in one of the following areas to become more effective and competent. You would also like this program to be awarded credits which will build into a formal qualification at a later stage if required.
Once you have completed your Educational requirements and all the regulatory Exams you will need to enrol in programs every year to meet the CPD or Continuing Professional development Needs to remain fit and proper.
FPI members already need to attend programs to meet their CPD requirements of the professional body as well as the FAIS Act and these skills programs can also be used to achieve these CPD credits for FAIS or FPI.
The areas you could attend a skills program are:
- Introduction and FS Environment
- Risk and Risk Mitigation
- Basic FNA and Sales
- Wealth Management
- Short term Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Advanced Investment Planning
- health Risk Management
- Employee Benefits
- Estate Planning
- Collective Investments
You have your basic qualification required by the FSB to be considered fit and proper and you want to develop knowledge and skills to make you more effective in your career and do not need to achieve any further credits.
You would use on of the following programs:
- Any of the Skills Programs Credit bearing can be completed with out completeing the requirements to be awarded credits and just to develop knowledge and skills. This is not recommended but can be done due to the requirement for CPD discussed above.
- Sales Skills
- Social Styles and Client Care
- Targeting the Right Clients
- Presentation Skills
- Speed Reading
- Marketing And Marketing Management
- Management Skills
- Personal Development Plan
- Time Management
Regulatory Examination Preparation
If you have completed your educational requirement for fit and proper the representative or financial services provider will need to attend and pass a range of regulatory exams. RSC offers facilitated workshops and will soon offer computer based profanes to help prepare for the following regulatory exams:
- RE 1 For Key Individuals and Financial Service Providers
- RE 2 for Representatives
The second phase of regulatory exams for specific product group or license areas have bbeen postponed by the FSB at this stage but RSC has the following programs ready for when these become a requirement:
- RE 6 for planners and staff licensed in Short and long term Deposits
- RE 7 for planners licensed for Cat B, C and Retail Pensions
- RE 8 for planners licensed for Collective Investment Schemes
- RE 10 for Short Term Personal Lines
- RE 11 for Short term Commercial lines
- RE 12 for health Care professionals
- RE 13 for Group benefit professionals